Thursday 25 June 2009

Industry Style: Models Erica and Katie.

Zillion foot high fashion models Erica and Katie, let me photograph them off guard after the British Hairdresser Awards photo shoot. Like you could ever catch a model off guard when there is a camera nearby (On your marks, get set pose!) I asked them what inspires their own personal style.

Erica (looking fabulous in my comedy geek glasses) has been in the industry for over 10 years.
Discovered when she was 14 and leaving Liverpool at 16 to go full time. Modeling has taken her all over the world.

''The best shows I've worked on include Vivianne Westwood and Alexander McQueen, because of the theatrics in all his shows.''

After telling me even though she has returned to Liverpool to get away from the hectic lifestyle, she still is heavily influence by London style.
Even at a towering 6 foot, Erica insists that she can't resist wearing heels at every opportunity adding even more height. She avoids trends as much as possible, yet I think she remains one of the most stylish girls in Liverpool.

Erica(left): Jacket-Ghost Vintage, Skirt-Levis Couture, Vest-Topshop Boutique, Red Top-Gucci, Belt-Vintage.

Katie on the other hand is new to modeling, at only 16 she has already walked the runway on 2 London fashion weeks. Her best show so far is been Christian Dior. She informs me the couture collection was amazing!

She describes her personal style as quite grungy,

''I love old band t-shirts and mixing stuff with vintage pieces. I never go anywhere without my leather jacket!''

Katie proves that you can look super cool with out being overstyled.

Katie: Jacket-Topshop, Vest-Topshop, Belt-Vintage, Boots-All Saints, Leggings-Topshop.

This is the first of many new portraits of fashion industry people. They will all be under the ''Industry Style'' label.

Erica has also featured in several of my fashion shoots including the Bill board campaign for last years Liverpool Echo Arena Fashion weekend...
...a 7 page spread and the cover of YQ magazine...
And A 5 page shoot and the cover of Fab Magazine...